Gosaikunda Lake Trek offers to observe one of a holy site of Hindu and Buddhist the sacred Gosainkunda Lake. Thousands of Hindu pilgrims visit the lake every year during the full- moon festival in August. According to the Hindu mythology, when the God churned the primordial ocean to produce elixir of eternal life, the poison was also produced simultaneously.
This trek offers fascinating views of Langtang range, Ganesh Himal, Dorje Lakap, Nayakanga, and Langshisa etc. We start our from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi by bus then start trek from Syabrubesi. During the trek we cross the Laurebina pass (4610 meters) and drop into the lush Helambu region and different cultural experiences eventually finishing the trek with Mountain Hiking & Trekking. you can expect the very best service and specialist knowledge on your Gosaikunda Trekking.
|Total Days||7 Days|
|Max Elevation||4460 Meters|
|Trekking Region||Langtang Trekking|
|Best Season||September, October, November, March, April, May|
|Accommodation Type||Tea House/Lodge|
|Trip Starts From||Kathmandu|
Day 01 : Drive from Kathmandu to Dhunche (1966m.) by regular bus. – 7 hrs:
You head north out of Kathmandu driving through scenic foothills and ridge line vistas to Dhunche. Overnight at lodge.
Day 02 : Trek from Dhunche to Sing Gompa (3330m) – 5 hrs:
After breakfast we our trail goes ascending gradually to Ghatte Khola (stream). After crossing a suspension bridge over this stream, we continue our trek steeply up and reach Sing Gompa after crossing pine, silver oak and rhododendron forests. Overnight at lodge.
Day 03 : Trek from Sing Gompa to Gosain Kunda (4460m) – 5 hrs:
From Sing Gompa you climb a ridge to the main Gosainkund trail. You follow a rugged trail with dramatic views to the Manaslu range, Ganesh Himal range, Tibetan peaks and Langtang Lirung. Eventually, the trail descends from the ridge to the first of three lakes Sarashowti Kunda, second is Bhairab Kunda and third is Gosain Kunda. Thousands of Hindu pilgrims visit the lakes during a full- moon festival in August. The lake is also scared to Buddhists. Overnight at lodge.
Day 04 : Trek from Gosainkunda to Ghopte (3200m) – 6.30 hrs:
Today we leave Gosaikund and climb through rugged country, past four small lakes to the Laurebina La (4610meters), the highest point of this trek. On a clear day we can see Annapurna range through the way. Then the trail leads us steeply down to Phedi (3740m). From here, the route drops to the stream then climbs through the scrub Bamboo to a crest. Continue walk down throughout crossing a rocky hill with pine, rhododendron trees to Ghopte. Overnight at lodge.
Day 05 : Trek from Ghopte to Kutumsang (2446m) – 5:30 hrs:
Descending from the ridge at Ghopte, the trail makes numerous ups and downs across ravines and the boulders of old moraines. The trail slightly descends and then begins to ascend through the rhododendron, oak and juniper forests up to the Tharepati (3510m). Trek downhill with only one small ridge to cross en route. Stop at Kutumsang, an interesting typically old-fashioned Helambu village. Attractive Mountain views as well as local peoples’ life style, culture; customs would be worth making you glad. Overnight at lodge.
Day 06 : Trek from Kutumsang to Chisapani (2170m) – 5 hrs:
A pleasant walk down to the Pathi Bhanyjyang goes through forests. A shorter day but with descends and climbs to Chisopani, where the view of the whole central Himalayas is breathtaking. You can see Himalayan range from Manaslu to Everest. Landscapes will be reflective in the evening and early morning hours. Overnight at lodge.
Day 07 : Trek from Chisapani to Sundarijal then drive to Kathmandu – 8 hrs:
We start the day by climbing up the last pass of the trek at Borlang Bhanjyang, at 2240m. From here we descend steeply through deeply eroded chasms towards the Tamang settlement of Mulkharka (1800m). More super views while descending to the road through oak and rhododendron forests, with some pine a lower altitude. Now it is a short trek to Sundarijal as we walk past the local water supply system and follow the water pipe to this village. From Sundarijal we can take local transportation, or have our private transport waiting for us to bring us back to Kathmandu. Overnight at lodge.
- Land Transportation (KATHMANDU-Dhunche ) by regular bus & (Sundarijal- Kathmandu) by private vehicle.
- English Speaking experienced Trained/Licensed Holder Guide for whole Trek
- Porter during for Whole Trek
- Langtang National Park Trek Permit, TIMS card & Any required permits or Official Documentation
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trekking in Mountain area
- Selected Tea house Lodge/Guest house Accommodations during Trek( Shared Toilets/ bathroom)
- Insurance, Daily Wages, Equipments and all meals & Lodges of Porters and Guide in Whole Trek
- First Aid Kid Box( for Normal Treatment only)
- Government taxes & Other Applicable Fees
- International Airfare to and from your country
- Any Alcoholic Drinks, Cold Drinks, Boiled & Mineral Water, Beverages Etc in Trek
- Tips for Trekking & other employed staffs which is not mandatory but expected.
- Hot Shower, Battery Charges (Available in Trek with Extra cost or Free in some lodges)
- Unforeseen Cost such as Flight Cancellation or Delayed, Sick in Trek, and Helicopter rescue in Trek. Cost due to bad weather etc which is out of our control
- Any Other Cost, which is not mentioned in Cost Includes Items as Above