Annapurna Base Camp is one of the best moderate trek begins form the foot of Annapurna to Annapurna Base Camp. The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is especially famous for its spectacular views and the unique culture and traditions of the local village. The trekking trail offers you the best views of the Machhapuchre and Annapurna south peaks with scenes of the most picturesque villages.The trek goes through continually changing landscapes ranging from green plains, mysterious forests and small local villages to alpine forests and tall landscapes.
|Total Days||8 Days|
|Max Elevation||4130 Meters|
|Trekking Region||Annapurna Trekking|
|Trip Price||US$ 560|
|Best Season||September, October, November, March, April, May|
|Accommodation Type||Tea House/Lodge|
|Trip Starts From||Pokhara|
Day 01: Drive to Nayapul, trek to Ghandruk 2000m – 6 hours:
We drive to Nayapul after breakfast which take an hour from Pokhara. After getting off at Nayapul, our trail starts following the green valley and climbing through rhododendron and forest, we reach Ghandruk. Ghandruk is beautiful village of Gurung (an ethnic group of Nepal). You will have a change to observe their own language, culture, custom and lifestyle. You will have superb view of mount Annapurna South (7219m), mount Hiunchuli (6441m) and holy Mount Machhapuchhre (6993m) from Ghandruk village. Overnight at hotel or lodge.
Day 02: Trek from Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2040m) – 4 hours:
At the beginning of the day, you ascend gently for an hour up to Ghandrukkot (2100m.) and descend steeply to the Kimron Khola (1700m.). Chhomrong is a gateway to Annapurna Sanctuary trek and inhabited by Gurung, one of the major ethnic groups of Nepal. Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 03: Trek Chhomrong to Dovan (2600m) – 6 hours:
Today, our trail goes down to Chhomrong Khola (stream) then starts to climb and we get Sinuwa Danda (2360m).Then after we pass rhododendron forest until we get Kuldhigar (2540m). After that we continue our trail and ultimately we reach Dovan. Overnight at hotel or lodge or teahouse.
Day 04: Trek Dovan to Deurali (3230m) – 5 hours:
We start our trek gradually through oak & rhododendron and bamboo thick forest. We cross two bridges of small streams. Today, you might get opportunity to see some wild animal such as wild pig, deer, snow leopard during the trek. We reach Deurali by late afternoon. Overnight at hotel or lodge or teahouse.
Day 05: Trek Deurali to Machhapuchhre Base Camp (MBC) (3700m) To Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) (4130m) – 6 hours:
We begin our exciting trail towards Machhapuchhre Base Camp. Firstly we walk ascend gradually and steeply over the mountain side. The trek to MBC to Annapurna Base Camp is a bit strenuous but the spectacular vista of Machhapuchhre rewards our trail very enjoyable. We reach MBC by early afternoon then after our trail continues climb until we reach Annapurna Base Camp.
Our trek enables to see the snow boulders melting and forming small streams. We will have sensation views of the near vertical south face of Annapurna towering above the sanctuary. Annapurna Base Camp sanctuary boasts of a dynamic view without anything impeding panorama of the 360 degrees. We will have interesting view of Machhapuchre, Annapurna south, Annapurna I, Hiuchuli and other peaks. Enjoy a warm night’s sleep in comfortable at hotel or lodge or teahouse.
Day 06: Trek Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo (2310m) – 6 hours:
Weak up early in the morning and get pleasure form the amazing view of sunrise over the mountain. Today we began to walk from ABC. Our trail descends from today so; the trail will be earlier and easier then climbing up. We trek back from ABC to MBC then Deurali to Dovan and finally we get Bamboo. Today, you will allow to see beautiful water fall and superb mountain view of Fishtail and Himchuli during the trek to Bamboo. We rest at the hotel and overnight at hotel.
Day 07: Trek Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1780m) – 6 hours:
We continue our trek from Bamboo to Sinuwa then move down and get to Lower Chhomrong. From Lower Chomrong our trail takes ascending on the thousand stony steps and we reach upper Chomrong ten we trek down to Jhinu Danda. We can enjoy hot spring while staying in Jhinu Danda. Overnight in Jhandu Danda at hotel.
Day 08: Trek from Jhinu Dada to Naya Pul – 6 hrs. Drive from Naya Pul to Pokhara – 1 hr drive:
We start our trek from Jhinu Danda via Syauli bazzar and get to Birethanti then Naya Pul. From Naya Pul, we drive to Pokhara which take an hour.
Guide during the trekking:
A guide is far from essential for this trek. A guide can offer two advantages. First, guide to trekker during the trekking trip. Second, he provide information about local culture and promote. On the Annapurna Base Camp trek, This is a fairly popular trekking route. We provide an English speaking trekking guide.
Difficulty level of the Trekking:
Good physical condition is required to complete the day’s walk. Normally, it takes about 6 hours of walking per day. However, the altitude climb is gradual and the climax, the base camp of Annapurna, “only” 4150 meters above sea level allows a fairly easy acclimatization. No climbing skills are required.
When to do the Annapurna Base Camp Trekking:
The most suitable months to do Annapurna Base Camp Trekking are September, October, November and March, April & May. It is also possible to do it in late August and early December.
- POKHARA TO NAYAPUL AND NAYAPUL TO POKHARA by private vehicle.
- English Speaking trained/licensed holder guide for whole Trek
- Porter during the whole trek – one porter for 2 person.
- Annapurna conservation area Permit, TIMS card & Any required permits or Official Documentation.
- Full Board basis Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) as per above Itinerary during the trekking in
- Tea/coffee- 3 times day
- Selected Tea house Lodge/Guest house Accommodations during Trek (shared toilets/ bathroom)
- Insurance, Daily Wages, Equipment and all meals & Lodges of Porters and Guide in Whole Trek
- First Aid Kid Box ( for Normal Treatment only)
- Government taxes & Other Applicable Fees.
- International Airfare to and from your country
- Nepal entry visa fee ( US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for 30 days you will also require 2 PP size photos.)
- Travel & Health Insurance- Emergency Helicopter Rescue Insurance (Most recommended)
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Any Alcoholic Drinks, Cold Drinks, Boiled & Mineral Water, Beverages Etc in Trek
- Tips for Trekking & other employed staffs which is not mandatory but expected.
- Hot Shower, Battery Charges( Available in Trek with Extra cost or Free in some lodges)
- Unforeseen Cost such as Flight Cancellation or Delayed, Sick in Trek, and Helicopter rescue in Trek. Cost due to bad weather etc which is out of our control
- Any Other Cost, which is not mentioned in Cost Includes Items as Above